There are two mid-term and three terminal examinations during the course of the year. Report of the examinations will be sent to the parents and they are requested to examine and sign them in time.
A student who does not appear for the examination except for grave reason will be considered to have failed in that examination.
Using unfair means will be considered as failure in the examination. It can also lead to dismissal from the school.
Grades will be awarded only to those students who have passed in all the subjects. An internal assessment carrying 20 marks will be awarded for the senior section based on the project work, assignments and on the continuous evaluation of the students. For the junior sections, the grades will be given based on the reading and writing skills, collection works, observation, mental work, neatness etc.
Annual examination marks will be entered in the progress report. No re- examination will be conducted in any subject. The results once declared are final and will not be reconsidered.
|A+||90 and above||Outstanding|
TIPS FOR LEARNING MATHEMATICS
1. Memorise multiplication table before going to bed
2. Accuracy and speed must go hand in hand, for this , be disciplined and improve concentration.
3. Think twice before solving a problem
4. Heuristic method( ask question yourself) will help to do geometry
5. Enrich your logical reasoning
6. Mental ability could be improved by practicing mental calculations
7. Arrange your homework and do it up to date
8. Time management could be improved by daily work out
9. Identify your weak areas and concentrate in it to improve
10.Common sense is very important
11.Short cut to learn Math is only practice, practice, practice and practice
TIPS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH
1. Keep on trying till your goal is achieved.
2. Train your ears to understand listen to Discovery channel, English news, English movies, music and speeches of native speakers.
3. Don’t be afraid of mistakes. Fear can stop you from learning English.
4. Don’t translate each and every word in your own native language.
5. Try to speak confidently. Take a deep breath and speak. Don’t be afraid of grammatical mistakes that you commit. The more you speak the more you will learn how to communicate.
6. Stop negative self-talk. Being positive will help you learn English quicker.
7. Read English, Newspaper, Children’s Digest, Reader’s Digest, fables, story books, and informative books. Use dictionary to look up meanings.
8. Carry a list with you. Write the new word and its meanings in a small note pad that you can carry with you.
9. To make learning more interesting play word games, puzzles etc.
10. Set goals. Think about why you are learning English.
TIPS FOR LEARNING SCIENCE & SOCIAL SCIENCE
Studying is the way people learn new ideas. Learning is different from memorizing. Learning happens most easily when students have a confident attitude and take interest in their work.
How do you do it?
Here are some tips..
1. Give your whole attention to your studies.
2. Organize what you need to learn.
- Make a list of important ideas, key people, terms and events
- Make an outline of key concepts in the chapter.
- Make a time line showing important people events.
- Make a map showing important information.
- Take notes about important things.
3. Make sense of what you know.
4. Rehearse what you know.